Monday 6 April 2015

Gift Aid - the struggle!

First let me say that I am not a natural with the computer world: I struggle. This struggle is with on-line banking, on-line form filling and on-line submissions. It ain't natural! I am of the age when fountain pens ruled the world, pencils had an eraser at one end and goose quills had just gone out of fashion. Anybody remember blotting paper and carbon paper?
 So no I have to find the GOES bank statements for the year - and download them because I can't group all the entries from the sale of the Malinding books on line. It may be possible but not for me! I have to group the donations from all our benefactors and check that they are still at the same addressed and are still paying tax. I have to work out how much tax J & I have paid this year and take care not to over claim. Then I have to remember out HMRC passwords and fill in the forms and submit them.
 HMRC are not the monsters they're often said to be - they are a bunch of very helpful people who have loads of patience to answer questions from idiots like me. So, fingers crossed (and that makes using a keyboard very difficult) here we go! I'll let you know when I've completed the task - it may even be this tear!
Best wishes,
Tom.

No comments: