Monday 18 April 2016

Sorry - been a bit busy!

I do apologise for not being in touch for a month!
The re-write of 'Empty Bananas' is complete - the characters no longer change names without warning, Ed no longer returns home while he's still there and I have remembered to say 'thank you' to Adam Vickerstaff for his brilliant cover design. I'll try to persuade Amazon to issue the new version of the ebook to all previous buyers. If that fails I'll put it on free offer for a few days after letting people know here.
 The new book, the one about Jodie, is a few thousand words old and I'm trying to be a little more methodical with her story!
 I'm also trying to be methodical about the Gift Aid claim this year. It used to be a simple task - I'd make a note of all the donations from people who were willing for GOES to collect the income tax they had paid on the money, add it all up, post of the claim and HMRC would send the 25% tax to the Charity account.
 It's all on-line now, coded identities and passwords and downloads and uploads and I'm not given to that way of thought! I much prefer pen and ink and sticking stamps on envelopes and posting letters into a Royal Mail red post box!
 You've guessed, haven't you? Yes, I've mislaid the ID code and the Passwords. I've pleaded with HMRC for assistance and I'm sure the lovely people there will be helpful. Eventually.
 In the meantime I've got a couple of bikes to sell which should swell the funds! The clinic has money for fuel for the ambulance and antibiotics for the store cupboard. I've passed on a donation to the nursery school at Nema Kunku and the teachers at another school have been paid.
 Thanks for your patience - I'll try to post again soon!
Best wishes to all of you
Tom

No comments: